Inspiration - Japanese Quilts by Shizuko Kuroha


Recently I have bought myself a quilting book by Japanese quilt artist Shizuko Kuroha, which I have wanted to own for a while. The English title is Indigo & Sarasa (published by QuiltMania) but it is hard to get hold of, so I bought the German translation.





I just love the cover and the inside is just as beautiful. The quilts are stunning and there are clear and detailed instructions and patterns for most of them. Indigo features heavily and if you, like me, adore blues, this book is a must have! There are many smaller projects as well, such as book covers, pouches and a floor cushion. You also get a real glimpse into Shizuko Kuroha's life and philosophy and she has included some information on the history of Japanese Indigo fabrics, explaining the different types and how to work with old textiles, conserving their beauty and character.




I just hope one day my collection of vintage Japanese fabrics will grow large enough so I can make my own version of this quilt!

Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)